The Retail Board Game Network
In-Store Video to Generate Interest & Sales
Retailers want to engage customers and interest them in the games they carry. Publishers want to highlight new games they have released and support the retailers who are so important in connecting them to gamers and buyers. FLGS-TV was created to help achieve both these goals.
This network of formatted 30-second board game commercials provides a zero-cost way for retailers to excite their customers about new offerings. The looping stream of digital content is completely controlled by the individual store owner to highlight only the games they sell or plan to offer in their store. At the same time, publishers now have access to a low-cost, new way to help promote sales of their new games in stores across the country.
Many retailers have a TV monitor in their store or could easily acquire one to hook up to a computer. The FLGS-TV network has a steady stream of new and upcoming games, presented in tightly formatted, professionally produced commercials that present the compelling sales hook of the game with eye catching graphics and beauty shots of the game components. The videos have no sound, adding no ‘sound pollution’ to the store environment. Instead, the visuals and informative subtitles tell customers all they need to know to drive them to the shelf or to the counter to find out more.
Knowing that promotional dollars are tight, FLGS-TV has created a streamlined production process to keep costs down. For as little as $250 you can have a professionally produced commercial available on the network, serving retailers everywhere. That is less than the cost of some banner ads.
FLGS-TV videos are formatted with enough flexibility to tell the story of your game, while maintaining the stylistic consistency of the network and controlling costs. The videos are digitally composed, rather than captured in live studio settings, for similar reasons, with a great degree of control and creative embellishment. While some publishers can afford to spend thousands of dollars on even higher-end video content, the network made the decision to keep the barrier as low as possible for ALL publishers, giving retailers the ability to highlight more games, from a broader spectrum of companies.
HOW DO I GET STARTED?
To assure a streamlined production process, we ask publishers to strictly adhere to our guidelines and the checklist of prepared resources (below). The more materials you can prepare to the exact specifications, the more inexpensive your video will be. The earlier you can provide final art, the more likely the video will be available for launch.
We are happy to discuss and clarify every detail upfront, help you plan and capture all the needed elements BEFORE production begins. Only by doing this can we assure the low cost of production. You know your game best, so help us present it in its best light.
Please view some of our previously produced videos to get a sense of the format to help you plan your own.
As a general rule, videos will open with your company logo and game box image (3d showing side panel if possible). Then, roughly 20 seconds (just a few shots) to tell gamers what makes your game special. There is no sound, so a few short words of description that will appear as type on the screen, supported by images of your game. LESS IS MORE in this format. The video will end with another shot of the game cover, or game cover surrounded by the components.
Requirements for :30 Retail Commercial:
- Think through and write the words that will accompany your images to tell the unique story of the game. Keep them short, as only a few words can be read at a time.
- Be sure to mention all important images or concepts that need to be conveyed visually before the project starts.
- If you have specific direction of how words and pictures could be combined to tell the story, you may submit a storyboard. (Hyperlink to sample board and formatted template) Storyboard Videos, especially those requiring certain animation styles, will likely incur a $100 upcharge.
- Publisher to provide all artwork as needed before production. This includes backgrounds, silhouetted characters or other elements, logos, cards, game boards, pieces, etc.
- As game elements will be digitally composited, all elements need to be silhouetted (cut out), meaning no backgrounds, and each saved in its own PNG file. For example, if you want your cards to have rounded corners, the art provided should be silhouetted to show exactly what you want to appear on screen. If you do not have the ability to edit the images, we can do this for you, and will provide a quote for the additional time required.
- All images saved as .png and sized 1920 x 1080 RGB
- Company Logo: saved as .png and sized 1000 x 1000 to fit either height or width of the logo, centered in frame.
- Provide Fonts for consistency with box image or text on box.
We are happy to review your copy and discuss the flow of the video with you beforehand. Production cannot begin until all resources have been collected and verified. Additional services, copy writing, additional editing or writing of a storyboard are available for $50.
Once the commercial is complete, it will be added to the Network queue AND is available for the publisher to use in anyway they choose. You can put it on your website, on Amazon, BGG or any other site. If you would like changes to the video for uses outside the network, like additional editing, adding website text or music from a royalty free stock library added, we can do that as well. Please note we may charge extra based on the changes wanted.
Every effort is being taken to provide low, manageable costs under reasonable timelines. Program guidelines, costs and timelines are subject to change.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us here:
This is an exciting new opportunity to help retailers and publishers create excitement and sell more games. This network is only as strong as your desire to populate it with great content. We hope you share our enthusiasm and contact us to create your ad today.
We encourage publishers to opt in to our mailing list for update emails (at intervals of your choosing), which highlight all the new content available as well as any changes to FLGS TV.
We are doing two demos online. Please fill out at least the required fields below and we will send you the viewing link. You will be able to ask questions live as well. Please indicate in the message field which seminar you wish to attend and we will send you the link. You can also schedule a demo that best fits your schedule.
Publisher Demo Times:
Tuesday June 6th 3:00 pm CST
Wednesday June 7th, 3:00 pm CST
Thursday June 8th, 7:00pm CST